Big Picture

So, this is a really big picture of me. It's in the latest Waitrose Kitchen magazine and is the first of my monthly wine course features. I'm sitting on my kitchen table (I don't usually do that) with a glass of wine in my hand (that one more so). I have been dying to tell you about it and still can't quite believe it's in print. This has all happened because of this blog, the book - and all you lovely wine-loving readers. So, thank you. Wishing you all a very happy Easter with lots of chocolate and wine. Talking of which, if you want to know which wines go best with white, milk and dark chocolate, I made a video about it here.

Current white in the fridge: Rocca Vecchia Falanghina 2013, £5.99 on offer (normally £6.99), Co-op
A perky Italian white, Falanghina is the name of the grape and this one's grown in the Puglia region down in the heel of Italy. There's no oak here, so it's all about the lemony, grapefruit-tinged fruit flavours. And the crispness; it's fresh as a daisy. Doesn't need food but perked up my decidedly lazy supper-for-one of mashed avocado on toast beautifully. Brilliant value at this price - a bank holiday banker. 

Current Sherry in the rack: Caversham Cream Sherry, £5.25, Aldi
This is one of the sweet wines in the video mentioned above and is, turns out, a great match for white chocolate. It's the only sherry in the Aldi range. Made from a blend of sweet Oloroso sherry, it's rich with gorgeous nutty aromas and dried raisin-y flavours. And incredibly smart for the price. If you like sweet wines, I think you'll love this. Even more so if you've got a white chocolate Easter Egg within reach. 

Chin chin x

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,